Bingham’s leading life sciences group represents numerous biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceutical, diagnostics and healthcare services companies in a wide range of activities. We also represent investment banks, venture capitalists and other debt and equity providers investing in the life sciences sector. Our clients include a broad spectrum of participants in life sciences matters, ranging in size from publicly held Fortune 500 companies to closely held businesses. We anticipate our clients’ needs and respond creatively as we define the key issues and develop practical solutions to the most challenging matters.
From Discovery to Product Marketing
Working on both domestic and international matters, we provide assistance to our clients across the entire spectrum of their lifecycle — from discovery to product marketing — working to streamline processes, develop creative and pragmatic strategies and expedite the completion of business objectives.
Understanding the Industry
Our life science lawyers have a practical/hands-on knowledge of the industry. Many of our professionals have had prior experience as life sciences industry executives with major companies, hospitals and government entities including former General Counsels, Chief Patent Counsels and former patent examiners at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. They also have advanced degrees in related life sciences disciplines such as pharmacology, neurosciences and biochemistry. By leveraging our backgrounds in science, the life sciences industry and the law, we assist our clients to optimize the return on their investments and achieve their business goals.
Full Scope of Services
To help our clients meet their business goals, we provide support and counsel in the following areas:
- Antitrust including competition issues
- Corporate governance, securities, executive compensation and other related public company matters
- Commercial transactions, including technology transfer, development, manufacturing, purchase, clinical trial management and promotion agreements, licensing, collaborations, and strategic alliances
- Mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures
- Equity and debt financings
- Organizational and operational matters
- Intellectual property, including due diligence, patent prosecution, patent, copyright and trademarkinfringement and Hatch-Waxman issues
- Litigation, including labor and employment, product liability, securities litigation, and internal investigations
- Government contracts
- Tax, including transfer pricing issues
- Venture financings
- Real estate, environmental and land use issues