Bingham’s premier distribution and franchise practice offers manufacturers, distributors and franchisors the counseling, litigation and dispute resolution advice they need as they establish and grow operations; expand internationally; or merge, reduce, restructure or eliminate networks or systems.
Bingham’s distribution and franchise lawyers are counsel for leading manufacturers and importers in numerous industries, including automotive, appliances, consumer electronics, fast food, apparel, financial services, petroleum, heavy equipment, furniture, office equipment and alcoholic beverages. We regularly represent clients in private litigation under state and federal antitrust laws, franchise statutes, and other unfair trade practice and competition laws. We also counsel clients in the state legislative arena, both assessing and influencing existing and proposed state legislation in these industries.
Specific areas of counseling and litigation include:
- Dealer termination
- Dealer encroachment disputes, including relocations and market expansion
- Internet and other territorial distribution issues
- Incentive programs and price discrimination
- Minimum advertised price (MAP) and Colgate policies
- Dealer buy-sells and mergers
- Competitor acquisition and network rationalization
- Rights of first refusal and options to purchase reseller operations
- Market withdrawal
- State agency investigations and litigation
- Warranty reimbursement and related disputes
We bring decades of experience to help our clients achieve their business and strategic goals in building and maintaining their distribution networks. We know the legal issues you face, and we can help you create an efficient and productive network that minimizes your legal risk.
Return to the antitrust homepage.