Bingham’s appellate lawyers have a depth of experience that allows them to handle matters efficiently while bringing a fresh perspective to each case. We successfully represent clients in large, complex, high-stakes appeals throughout the United States. For two decades, our representations in appeals from eight-, nine- and 10-figure judgments have resulted in reversals totaling billions of dollars.
Our lawyers have handled appeals from trial courts in over 33 states as well as Washington, D.C. Members of our group have appeared in the U.S. Supreme Court, all federal Courts of Appeals and the Claims Court. Our team includes a former assistant to the Solicitor General of the United States who argued 13 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court during his six-year tenure.
Our lawyers have had a leading role in developing the law in many areas, including federal preemption and constitutional law, and have been involved in every bankruptcy matter heard by the U.S. Supreme Court in its last few terms.
Areas We Address
- Appellate briefs and oral arguments
- Petitions for interlocutory writs
- Representation of amici curiae
- Review of administrative proceedings
- Briefing of significant motions in the trial courts
- Working with trial counsel to preserve points for appellate review
- Assistance with motions in limine, jury instructions and verdict forms