New Money Debt Financings and Private Placements
- Represented Bank of America as administrative agent and Merrill Lynch, Pierce Fenner & Smith as co-lead arranger and sole book manager in $575 million financing for Tidewater Inc., a provider of offshore service vessels to the global energy industry.
- Represented Ares Capital Corporation and General Electric Capital Corporation as sole agents and Senior Secured Loan Fund LLC, which is jointly managed by affiliates of GE Capital and Ares Capital Corporation, as lender in $245 million “unitranche” senior secured credit facility that financed the acquisition of a provider of integrated library system software. The equity sponsors were Huntsman Gay Global Capital, LLC and JMI Management, Inc.
- Represented General Electric Capital Corporation as agent and joint arranger in the recapitalization of an existing credit facility for a manufacturer and supplier of automotive air filters, by providing a $157 million senior secured term and revolving credit facilities to replace the existing $92 million credit facilities and allow for the sponsor, Gryphon Investors LLC, to take a dividend.
- Represented Bank of America, N.A. as co-lead arranger and administrative agent in $85.5 million senior secured revolving and term credit facilities (including a delayed draw term loan facility) that refinanced existing indebtedness of a leading language localization services provider. The equity sponsor was Riverside Partners, LLC.
- Represented the New England Patriots in connection with the development and financing of the new NFL Stadium and Patriot Place.
- Represented the equity sponsor in connection with a $6.75 million senior secured and $3 million subordinated debt acquisition financing of an oil field equipment manufacturer.
- Represented Ares Capital Corporation as sole lead arranger and bookrunner and as administrative agent and collateral agent in $51.5 million second lien credit facilities (including a delayed draw term loan facility of $7.5 million) to a software developer for concrete mixing services, the proceeds of which were used to refinance existing debt and fund two distributions to equity holders. The equity sponsor was Quilvest Private Equity.
- Represented MSD Credit Opportunity Fund, L.P., as a majority noteholder in connection with a $55 million subordinated note issuance by various holding companies that own operating companies in the gasoline and service station industry in the metro D.C. region.
- Represented Gleacher Mezzanine Fund II, L.P., as lead investor, in an $18 million mezzanine acquisition financing for Multi Packaging Solutions, Inc., a full service print and packaging supplier.
- Represented L. Knife & Son, Inc., a privately-owned beer and wine distributor, and various subsidiaries as borrowers in an unsecured $70 million revolving credit facility from Bank of America, N.A. for working capital purposes.
- Represented Selective Insurance Group, Inc. in connection with a $30 million unsecured revolving credit facility.
- Represented group of investors in connection with a $150 million issuance of senior notes by New York State Electric & Gas Corporation, a gas and electric provider for parts of upstate and southern New York.
Workouts, Restructurings, Bankruptcies, DIP Financings and Exit Financings
- Represented DIP Lender Group in the bankruptcy case of ATP Oil & Gas Corporation, a company engaged in the acquisition, development and production of offshore natural gas and oil properties, primarily in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented J Aron & Company as administrative agent and lender in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Pacific Energy Resources, a company that engages in the acquisition, exploitation, and development of oil and gas properties in the Western U.S.